Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Haircut & Best Shampoo Everrrrr!

I had my hair cut the other day - I chose a little storefront shop on the main street near our hotel. As you can see from their signboards, they do a lot of massages here too. 

Then she motioned for me to follow her to the little dimly lit back room, pointed to a strange raised bench & said, 'Shampoo'. Ah ha! I climbed up & figured how to get settled. She fitted a kind of rubbery plastic collar with a pillow that was connected to the bench around my neck & I was ready for the shampoo of my life!

Well, it was very sudsy! The foam was flying! Having someone shampoo your hair is always pretty great, but Mem was really working out! My hair got squeaky clean as did my neck, throat & ears - yup she washed in & all around my ears! She rinsed that out & applied something else and then massaged my head for a while ...ahhhhh. Then she rinsed that out, used a towel on my hair to dry it a bit and massaged some more thru the towel. Next came a face massage! Oh, that was lovely. Then she put something else on my hair that made my scalp tingle & smelled a little like cloves. Yup, she massaged that into my hair, scalp, neck & ears for a nice long time. 
Wow - my whole head sparkled!!

Somehow, I managed to get back to my feet & back to the haircut chair. Mem used a blow drier & had some fun with a gob of hair goo, making my hair stick up all over the place - which it pretty much does anyway. And then she massaged my neck & shoulders for a while & I was done, I floated home feeling very clean & shiny. The price was 150 Baht, about $4.50. 
What a great, wild experience, thanks Mem!



No comments:

Post a Comment