Friday, November 4, 2011

If Only

Well, it's November in Fairbanks, and winter is here. We have snow on the ground & have already had below zero temperatures. The plan is to stay home this winter & we're starting to focus on our indoor projects.

I thought - how about a blog? - and here I am! As I was going thru some photos from Thailand, I came across these three. After a few minutes of feeling sad about missing these friends & feeling sorry for myself about not going away from winter this year, & missing Thailand, I got a grip & decided they would make a sweet blog entry - a lovely afternoon of lunching with the ladies.

So here we are. Eva, on the left originally from Germany, now lives in Chiang Mai. Aase from Denmark, and Beverly from Michigan like to winter in a warmer place & find CM to their liking, and me, the newcomer - I'm learning! We went to a nice little Japanese restaurant, ordered a variety of dishes & had a lovely meal.
Here's a close-up of my meal - it was fabulous! Each little bite was a masterpiece of flavor & texture, and completely different from the previous bite.
It was a lovely afternoon and just a short walk along the moat back home.
I plan to continue posting about our 2010/11 visit to Thailand, and then about our short visit to Australia, too. It was good to get home in the spring, and we had a busy summer working on our cabin as well as lots of other summertime projects. I'll post about that too. Check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment