Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wildlife Report #2

This morning I was outside looking at some of my newly planted flower baskets in the sparkling sunny air, then decided to hang out in the hammock for a few minutes. All of a sudden, I heard loud heavy breathing & looked up to see a HUGE moose cruising by! She was walking by about 10 yards from me & must have just been running, her breathing was so loud. And then - following her was an adorable tiny calf - well, compared to the mama it was tiny!!  They didn't see me, or Annie the cat, who was nearby, & just cruised on down the driveway & out of sight! It was just thrilling to see them up so close, they looked very healthy & oh so primal! Annie & I were both a little freaked, but then we caught our breaths & went inside to tell Sada. I'm gonna have to start carrying my camera at all times!!

1 comment:

  1. Critters! Here's my report from last month.

    I have a report I need to write on the sandhill crane that has been hanging out for the last three weeks. I hope to get that done tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete